Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Drink green. Train mean. Get lean.

Day 1.

Day one of anything is always the easiest. You're psyched, motivated and determined to accomplish whatever goal you've set your sights on. It's like the first day of school when you were growing up - new kicks, new clothes, new backpack, new teacher. Then you remember you'll be there for the next nine months - not so cool anymore.

My day one of the five-day juice fast was much like day one of anything. Successful, easy, fun. I had no problems drinking the juices and abstaining from food. I forced myself to put some juice down before my workout and felt surprisingly full the rest of the evening.

I went to a juice bar at the Des Moines Public Library, which is right across from where I work. The juice was great and while it tasted like many of the combinations I've made at home, it was nice to have someone else handle the juicing and clean up.

I got my run in at 6 a.m. as well. I have blisters on the arches of my feet and my right hip was killing me after it, but I enjoy running and it felt rewarding to get up and complete my training run for the day. I'm giving tomorrow a shot for the second run of training and hoping that I can loosen up my hip and not be in too much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment