Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Warrior

In the past, the weekends have been my collapse - the end-all to any healthy behaviors and efforts until Monday rolled around and I could boldly reclaim my commitment to my diet. This weekend, I feel like things have been very different. While I still felt it challenging to not snack during down time, I stuck to the 5-ingredient, no sugar rule as best as possible.

The difficulties started on Thursday night, with a 6 p.m. conclusion of Max Life rolling right into shower and prep time for our ICubs skybox seats at 7:00. I thought I would have a difficult time getting in a healthful, Advanced Plan approved dinner, but I was able to whip up a protein shake with almond milk, a little peanut butter and some cocoa powder to do the trick.

Next up, Friday, with a lunch scheduled with a friend visiting Des Moines and a dinner date - yikes! To my surprise, with a few requests, I had a fantastic lunch at Centro! Grilled flank steak with caramelized onions and provolone cheese. It was originally on the menu as a sandwich, but I had them hold the bun, mayo and pesto. The meal was fantastic and definitely hit the spot!

A series of unfortunate events landed us at the mall food court for dinner. I grabbed a snack of almonds and my final brownie to ensure I didn't go into dinner starving, and thankfully that move saved the day. I ordered the veggie entrée at Famous Wok. It wasn't a whole lot of food, but I was more than satisfied.

I coached softball Saturday and Sunday. Ballparks always prove to be a challenge, but I equipped myself with snacks during our long stretches of games. I feel like I probably had far too many servings on nuts than desired, on both days, but I know for the future to only take what I need and leave the rest of my money in the car. The ball park is prime for selling nuts, so in addition to my serving of almonds I had a cashews and peanuts.

Tyler and I had breakfast this morning before our busy days started. Our usual Cozy Cafe changed their hours so we were stuck with Perkins. I got their new Mediterranean omelette loaded with spinach, held the hollandaise sauce and stuck with the feta and a couple roasted tomatoes. It was the perfect start to my cold morning!



Lunch was a protein shake with PB, coconut milk and cocoa. I did buy more nuts to have as a snack for the afternoon. I just whipped up my brownies for the week and managed to have a spoonful of almond butter during prep time. Tonight, I plan on browning turkey for taco salads.

I know I have some room for improvement on the weekend, but I feel I did the best for the circumstances and odd meal times with games.

No comments:

Post a Comment