Monday, April 23, 2012

Holy Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps!

I know it's only my first day and I have many more recipes to dive into, but I'm pretty sure I've found a new fave in the Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps! The flavor was out of this world; even Tyler approved. And the best part - LEFTOVERS! Looks like I'll be excited for lunch tomorrow! Seriously, check these out, they even look amazing! 


My lettuce "wraps" were more like lettuce boats, but they worked nonetheless. This recipe is in the green Maximized Living Nutrition Plan book. I highly recommend checking it out and exploring more recipes in the book. On deck for tomorrow: Italian Spinach Soup! 

So I knew this would happen, but the moment I started my week I knew I needed to adjust my meal plan. Packing lunch for work can be a huge chore - I need to take advantage of leftovers! So, I made a few minor switch-a-roos and think I've got a meal schedule that is a little more flexible. I'm still sticking to the meals I picked in my original plan, with a few substitutes in the lunches so I can use up my leftovers. 

I started my day off with a cup of yogurt and about a half cup of blueberries. I remembered the Advanced Plan says "berries in moderation," so I figured I shouldn't follow up my berry breakfast with berries in my lunch item. I went with a salad of spinach, kale and broccoli with an olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and parmesan dressing. I added crunch by tossing in some natural almonds and, of course, packed half of a wonderful brownie for dessert. 

I was really looking forward to having pickle wraps for a snack, but had a tough time finding pickles that didn't have crazy additives. So I went with celery and peanut butter for a snack today. I grabbed a few nuts on my way out the door to the Max Life workout. It looked like two cashews, an almond and maybe three peanuts. I was energized and felt great during and after the workout. 

With day one down I'm feeling super confident in this meal plan and excited to explore more recipes. I didn't I realized what I was missing by sticking to the low-fat/no-fat options. I felt much more satisfied after each meal today, which made it easy to stick to my plan. 

I own this plan. I am in control and I WILL succeed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment