Sunday, April 22, 2012

3 to-do's and a "big why"

I met with my amazing Max Life Fitness and Nutrition coach Melissa Grandon on Friday to discuss how I am going transform from a carb-scarfer to a fat-burner. She handed me the small, paperback Maximized Living Nutrition Plan book and promised I would find some pretty amazing information in it. After the meeting she sent me important documents to live by and a few "to-dos" for the weekend. She also asked me to identify my "big why" - the reason I want to commit to this journey.

So to kick things off, it's only appropriate to highlight my "big why" (without getting too sappy and drawn-out, of course).

I've been struggling with binge eating for almost a year now. I moved to Des Moines a week after graduating from South Dakota State to take an internship with a prominent health insurance company. They hired me with promise that, based on my performance, there may be a job opportunity after the summer internship. I put a ton of pressure on myself to make sure I met those expectations and to become the best candidate for the position.

The daily stress, change of lifestyle and loneliness in the new location sparked binge eating. At one point in college I'd lost 20 pounds and kept it off for a year, but managed to gain it all back with the binge eating in just over a month. Binge eating became my coping mechanism, and while I still maintained the healthy category on the BMI scale, I am far from healthy.

A few months ago I met an amazing man, Tyler. We feel crazy in love with each other and enjoy spending time together. We joined Max Life together in March after purchasing a LivingSocial coupon. We both loved the workouts and decided we'd buy a membership to continue our great progress we'd made in our first 40 days.

Recently, the stress at my job started getting to me and I have been struggling to suppress the urge to binge eat. When I binge eat, I have extremely low self-esteem and confidence. I am constantly on edge, preoccupied with defeated thoughts and put-downs.

Ok, here it comes, my "big why" for wanting to apply the Maximized Living Advanced Nutrition Plan to my life is to make me the best me I can possibly be in my relationship with Tyler. By eliminating the binge eating, regaining my self-confidence and starting to love myself again, I will become the person I want to be, and the person he is in love with. Now don't get me wrong, I want this so badly for myself, but he is a constant rock and motivator to keep me striving to be the best me.

Alright, now on the to "to-do's" for the weekend.

1. Look at the ingredients list on foods and choose those that only have 5 ingredients or less.
2. Try two new Advanced Plan dessert items. 
3. Plan 3-days worth of meal plans and send them to Melissa to make sure I'm on track.

I plan to clean out the cupboards and donate all food that does not apply to the 5 ingredient rule. As for number two, you better believe I'm all over the desserts! I have at least four recipes to try already! And finally, my food plan is below.

Day 1
Breakfast: Organic Full Fat Greek Yogurt and berries
Lunch: Raspberry Pecan Summer Salad
Snack: Turkey with cream cheese and pickle
Dinner: Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Day 2
Breakfast: Spinach Omelette
Lunch: Italian Spinach Soup
Snack: Celery with Peanut Butter
Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Rolls

Day 3
Breakfast: Mint Choco-nut Dream Smoothie
Lunch: Left-Overs from Day 1 or Day 2 dinner
Snack: Hard-Boiled Eggs stuffed with hummus
Dinner: Taco Salad



No comments:

Post a Comment