Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My love my Italian... Spinach Soup


Today was an extremely crazy and busy day with Wellmark hosting the Grand Blue Mile. Since I wasn't going to be home in time to make the scheduled Italian Spinach Soup, my lovely Italian boyfriend decided he'd take the reigns on this one. And I must say, he did a fantastic job! 


Here's what he had to say about preparing this recipe:
  • Rolling the turkey meatballs was a little tricky, but he managed to get them to stick together when they were about the size of a golf ball.
  • The coconut oil smelled like sunscreen on the beach when he fried the meatballs, but he was surprised that they didn't have the slightest taste of coconut when they were fully cooked. 
  • He doubled the spinach, broth and parsley after discovering that it didn't seem like enough to cover the meatballs. 



Overall, this recipe was great. The soup was full of flavor and the meatballs were excellent. We have enough left over to reheat for a quick dinner tomorrow night. 

On my way out the door this morning I blended together a smoothie of whey protein, almond milk and ice. While I do not have the organic, grass fed whey protein, I'm hoping to invest in some soon. In the meantime, I used the HyVee brand 100% Whey Protein. 

I packed leftover Asian Turkey Wraps for lunch, but grabbed a serving size of natural almonds and half a brownie on my quick stop home. As I'd mentioned before, I was super excited for pickle wraps, but had a tough time finding pickles. I improvised and wrapped green onion in the cream cheese and turkey. While my breath was less than pleasant, the snack really hit the spot and I was able to get through the timed mile run fully energized. 

Tyler sent me the link to this video today! I envy the person who wrote this script - what talent! If you're in need of some motivation you've got to check this out. No need to even watch the video, just take in the message and feel empowered to be the determined winner you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment